Monday 22 September 2014

Relax update

Day of relaxer
Hey guys, sorry we've been away but school is just taking over our lives but anyway here's my relax update. I relaxed my hair on August 30. 2014 at 21 weeks post relaxer. I relaxed with the Optimum Multi Mineral reduced ph creme relaxer in regular.  It was a good relax day but I regret not basing my scalp so I ended up with a slight relaxer burn. Also because the relaxer had to be rinsed out sooner I ended up not getting my new growth as straight as I like. I don't think I will be doing a corrective relaxer though. I am currently 3 weeks post relaxer.












I am a lil past APL but my hair kind of has some shrinkage to it but I didn't want to put heat on my hair. As you can see I am in desperate need of a trim but I'm too afraid the hairdresser might cut off too much of my hard work haha. Even though you tell them cut off this amount they might cut off way more than that but definitely next relaxer I am determined to get a trim, hopefully I have the guts to do it *fingers crossed* 






day after relaxer


Do any of you guys have relaxed hair shrinkage?




2 comments:

  1. Great results. I have some relaxed hair shrinkage, but it adds texture to my hair which I really like. After being the flat iron queen I'm too scared to put one anywhere near my head so my hair doesn't get bone straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Leah. And I love the body that it gives my hair but I hate the shrinkage, wish I could have the best of both worlds. And I know how you feel about flat ironing

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, feel free to comment (: