Wednesday 3 September 2014

Wash Day : 20 weeks post roller set

Hey guys, I'm currently about 20 weeks post and decided to wash my hair to prep for a relaxer soon. I was a bit nervous because this is my longest stretch EVER ! But it went better than I expected. So here's what I did.
(separated curls)

[1] Pre-poo: I did a deep condition pre-poo with ORS replenishing conditioner and a mixture of coconut oil, olive oil and JBCO. I let that sit for about 45 minutes.

[2] Shampoo: Using White Rain Volumizing shampoo as a clarifying shampoo I shampooed my hair 3x.

[3] Air dry: I air dried my hair for about 1 and a half hr.


wash day's shed hair





[4] Detangled : I detangled after I air dried because detangling wet hair is a no no for me especially because I'm 20 weeks post and I did not want to cause breakage.



[5] Roller set: After detangling I put my hair into small sections, wet it with a mixture of Lotta Body setting lotion + water then roller set and repeated this all over my head. I didn't use any leave in because I forgot ! >.<

[6] Moisturized and Seal : At night I separated the curls.Since I was prepping my hair for a relaxer I then moisturized and sealed the relaxed ends only with Organics carrot oil and LOTS petroleum jelly to protect my already relaxed ends.



This wash day was very successful I lost little hair and both my relaxed hair and new growth was soft, moisturized and detangled :D


4 comments:

Don't be shy, feel free to comment (: